Accomplished professional with 12+ years industry experience. Proven ability to combine technical and conceptual creativity with a keen understanding of business needs. Thrives in fast-paced environment and delivers both form and function. Plays nice with others.
Founder, Ovenlight, LLC; Portland, OR - 2003 - Present
A creative services agency that develops innovative communication and business process solutions through brand analysis and application of design. Delivering: Digital Archiving, Photo Restoration, Graphic & Website Design, Email Marketing, and Search Engine Placement. Partial Client List:
- Nautilus, Inc - Vancouver, WA Web and Interactive Design for publicly traded (NLS) fitness company and makers of the world famous, "Bowflex."
- Ontier Inc. - Portland, OR - Website design and development using Joomla! CMS for communications startup with amazing screen sharing application, Pixetell
- Greenwich Marketing Group, Greenwich, CT Digital Archiving Services for private institution with over 35,000 assets. Responsible for Photo Editing, Organization, Retouching, Web Development, Tagging, Archival Preservation both Digital and Analog.
- Craftsman Design, Portland, OR - Design and Optimization of Home Remodeler’s Website resulting in continually increasing traffic with high conversion rate. Print Collateral, Environmental Graphics, Technology Consulting, and Portfolio Development.
- Sound Images, Portland, OR - Presentation Graphics for NIKE and City of Eugene, Oregon’s winning pitch to host 2008 Track & Field Olympic Trials.
- More Client work in the portfolio section of this site.
Senior Designer, Alpha Card Systems; Portland, OR 2007-2008
As Senior Designer, I oversaw and led the design team in the rebranding for security industry leader, Alpha Card Systems. I created logos and identity pieces as well as eCommerce, user interface design, email marketing design, and digital asset management systems.
alphacard.com networkcamerareviews.com videosurveillance.com
Web Developer / Digital Assets Manager, Earth Color; New York, NY - 1999-2003
Pioneered online business unit for commercial printing company, generating over $1MM in subscription sales. Designed and Implemented a dynamic, multi-media content management system that facilitates the marketing communications development process across mediums and networks.
- Created strategies to promote the service for current and potential clients. Designed and developed asset management websites for clients including: MGM, SONY, Hertz, FoodTV, Samsung, and Shell.
- Worked directly with clients and sales team to determine needs, establish objectives, and workflows.
- Managed hardware and software assets for clients. Trained coworkers and clients to use applications.
- Received consistent high marks, positive feedback, and salary increases.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1998
Bachelor of Fine Art - Electronic / Time-Based Art
Creative: Adobe Creative Suite CS5
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Macintosh, Windows , iOS
Digital Archiving: Adobe Lightroom 2, Aperture 2, MediaBeacon, Portfolio, Bridge, Retrospect
Open Source: Joomla!, Drupal, Gallery, Mambo, OSCommerce, Virtuemart, Magento
EMail Marketing: iContact, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, Yesmail
Available at Linkedin.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/ovenlight
Also upon Request